Michelle C. Acosta
Michelle C. Acosta has been with Fumuso, Kelly, Swart, Farrell, Polin & Christesen as an associate attorney since 2003. She received her Juris Doctor Degree from St. John's University School of Law in 2001, graduating with Dean's List Honors, after having received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Fordham University.
Since that time, her practice has been focused on litigation, in both state and federal actions, with a particular expertise in Medical Malpractice defending health care professionals, physicians and medical institutions in complex actions. She is involved in all aspects of litigation and case management, including discovery, depositions, witness preparation, and dispositive motions with a particular emphasis on legal writing and analysis. A portion of Michelle's practice also focuses on appellate work, and she has successfully briefed and argued questions of law in both state and federal actions.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Litigation 75%
- Appeals 15%
- Federal Practice 5%
- General Liability 5%
- New York, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2002
- St. John's University School of Law
- J.D. - 2001
- Honors: Dean's List
- Fordham University, Bronx, New York
- B.A. - 1998
- Major: Philosophy
- Raucci v. Shinbrot, 127 AD3d 843, 2015, Second Dept.
- Ahluwalia v. St. George's Univ, et al., 626 Fed. Appx 297, 2015, 2d Circuit
- Young v. A. Holly Patterson, 40 A.D.3d 990, 2007, Second Dept.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association